Marching band is a FREE two-credit class. Each Stevenson University student will be offered a Participation Grant. Tuition charges and/or overload fees associated with registration for MUS 290 will be waived for ALL students.
Stipend Amounts are based on membership length in the band and are as follows:
Year 1 – $500
Year 2 – $650
Year 3 – $800
Year 4 – $1000
Each student is required to enroll in the marching band class, which will be offered as a 2-credit fine arts class, and you may enroll via WebXpress: MUS 290 Marching Band
Class sections and times will be as follows:
- Mus 290-01 – Percussion students – Thursday 5-7pm – Greenspring Campus
- Mus 290-02 – Woodwind and Brass Students – Wednesday – 5-7pm – Greenspring Campus
- Mus 290-03 – All Colorguard students – Tuesday – 5-7pm – Greenspring Campus
- Mus 290-03 – All Emeralds (Dance Line) students – Tuesday – 5-7pm – Greenspring Campus
- All SU Band Members – Friday – 3-5pm – Owings Mills Campus
The band performs at all home football games, open houses, pep rallies and other exhibitions.
there will be an August 1-week band camp. Dates and times will be announced soon.