Band Camp Info
Dear 2012 SU Marching Band Member
We are getting close to the start of the marching band season. I have emailed your band camp schedule and letter. The band schedule is also posted on the SUMB Website Calendar. You will move into your permanent 2012-13 housing on Friday, August 17, 2012 @ 9am. If you have any dietary restrictions, allergies or intolerances, you must email me immediately so we can properly plan your meals. Please check the SUMB Website and Facebook Page for updates.
Below are important items:
- If you have not registered for band camp, you MUST register for band camp here to receive your $500 Grant – Band Camp Registration
- The $500 grant will be awarded once you successfully complete the marching band season in mid-November.
- There are multiple work study positions – Uniform Coordinator and Field Crew/Equipment Managers – you can search and apply by clicking here. Application review and interviews will begin next week.
- If you are interested in being a section leader and have not contacted me, please reply to this email. Interviews and selections will be next week.
- Interested in singing with the SUMB or know someone that is interested? Please email me to let me know.
- ATTENTION SAXOPHONISTS – SU has just purchased a brand new Yamaha Baritone Saxophone – WHO WANTS TO PLAY IT THIS YEAR? – Please let me know.
- Our website has a new look and is now optimized for mobile devices – you can check it out at here: http://marchingband.stevenson.edu/. There is also a new multimedia section with audio clips. Videos of this season will be added after band camp.
I am extremely excited to begin the season and unveil our new marching band uniforms. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
I look forward to seeing you in 2 weeks on Friday, August 17, 2012!